There are numerous websites and online resources dedicated to Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG). Below are a few of the ones we feel are particularly useful:
Site offers a great deal of information about apprenticeships, current opportunities and advice.
All students have a school log in for this which can be requested from Mrs Duffy or their Careers teacher. The site provides resources for developing key skills as well as giving up to date labour market information.
This website includes a wide range of excellent careers talk (called Learn Lounge), resources and work experience opportunities.
Students are given their log in details for this website from their Careers Adviser - it is used in sessions to help match students with particular industry areas and jobs
A comprehensive careers website with job profiles, outlining the skills required, main tasks, pay levels and career prospects for hundreds of different jobs. In addition, if offers valuable guidance on the different stages involved in getting a job.
Offers helpful videos about a wide range of job roles.
A very helpful website for students thinking of applying to Higher Education. It also contains valuable information on different options, including apprenticeships.
A Labour Market Information website usually used by organisations but the home page has a useful quick 'Careerometer' tool which provides up to date details about a wide range of jobs.
In addition to these key websites, below are links to some of our main post-16 providers who are also able to offer a wide range of resources and advice for students and parents:
- Please see some links below for Webinars from St Catherine's College - Cambridge University:
- English at Cambridge: A friendly Q&A with students, Directors of Studies, and Admissions Tutors about applying for and studying English.
- Medicine at Cambridge: A presentation by Professor Stefan Marciniak (Director of Studies and interviewer in Medicine) on applying for the Medicine course at Cambridge. Followed by an extended Q&A with students and academics.
- Applying to Oxbridge: A myth-busting presentation on Oxbridge and our application processes by Schools Liaison Officers from both Oxford and Cambridge. Aimed at Year 11-13 students.
- Why Go To Catz? A video by our students on why they love St Catharine's (forgive our bias!)