On the Spot!
Our favourite Friday feature, On the Spot with Mrs Borrows...
Next 'On the spot' is Mrs Borrows - Y7 progress leader and science teacher.
1. What's your perfect "day off"?
Relaxed coffee in bed, chatting with family. Set or two of tennis, relaxing afternoon reading in the garden or watching a film...cuddling the cat! Evening meal sitting round the kitchen table laughing with my husband and my daughters.
2. Favourite ever box set?
TV-Band of Brothers, Film – Harry Potter
3. What song most reminds you of when you were at secondary school?
Saturday Night Fever – Bee Gees and I’m not in Love – 10CC
4. What is the best excuse you have heard from a student for not doing their homework ?
The dog attacked it.....he then gave me the remnants to prove it!
5. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
Contis Plage, France (south atlantic coast area and the best pizza), although I would always go to Oregon USA, given the opportunity.
6. If you could choose anyone, living or dead, which 3 people would you invite over for dinner, and why?
Other than my family, Barack Obama – the man and his view on the world fascinates me. Rodger Federer – as a tennis fan, would be interesting to get to know the person behind the player. Neil Armstrong – the Apollo missions were part of my childhood, I remember watching him walk on the moon.
7. Favourite season and why?
Spring, the fresh green colour, the lambs in the field, skiing has been done and summer is on the way.
8. What were you like at school?
Usually found in my PE kit after some practice with my lab coat over the top as I didn’t have time to change!!
9. What's your favourite food?
So mood dependant, but Cinnabon (a cinnamon roll) or a peppermint pattie as a sweet snack (the American influence). For an evening meal today -Steak, jacket potato and corn on the cob. Tomorrow…who knows.
10. You’re marooned on a deserted island; which 3 items would you wish to have with you, and why?
My kindle – lots of books to read to pass the time, my glasses – so I can read the kindle and the cat...if not a sun lounger, I have to be able to sit comfortably to read!!