On The Spot!
Our favourite Friday feature - this week with Mr Solly...
It's your favourite Friday feature - #TeamUCC 'on the spot'. This week our Principal Mr Solly has answered our questions!
1. What's your perfect "day off"?
If I could fit all of this in, it would be: watch my son Joe play football in the morning, watch my wife Danni play rugby (she is the Loughborough Ladies captain) in the afternoon, watch Wolverhampton Wanderers under the floodlights in the evening at Molineux with Joe and my dad and then have some nice food and drink to finish off!
2. Favourite ever box set?
3. What song most reminds you of when you were at secondary school?
My secondary school years were 1992-97 which was the height of Britpop and the song that I remember most from then was ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’ by Oasis.
4. What is the best excuse you have heard from a student for not doing their homework ?
This isn’t really to do with homework, but as a PE teacher I remember some ‘inventive’ reasons from students who didn’t want to participate. My favourite came from a student who handed me a note saying ‘I’ve lost my voice so I couldn’t ask my mum to pack my bag with my PE kit.’
5. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
I normally hide from the sun, but I had a great holiday last year in Gran Canaria with my wife and son.
6. If you could choose anyone, living or dead, which 3 people would you invite over for dinner, and why?
Nuno Espirito Santo because he has transformed Wolverhampton Wanderers and I think he is a great leader. I’d invite Mohammed Ali because he is a sporting great and an inspiration. I’d also invite one of my favourite singers, Brian Fallon, who could provide the music for us.
7. Favourite season and why?
Summer – despite my fondness of the shade, summer is my favourite time of year.
8. What were you like at school?
Sporty, quiet, friendly, got on with my work.
9. What’s your favourite food?
I like a good roast dinner but I am also partial to occasionally eating my body weight in chicken wings.
10. You’re marooned on a deserted island; which 3 items would you wish to have with you, and why?
A knife, a large supply of factor 50, matches.
Thanks Mr Solly!