On The Spot!
The latest edition of On The Spot with Mr Gealy, Humanities Teacher...
This week we are 'On the spot' with Mr Gealy - humanities teacher and Y8 form tutor.
1. What's your perfect "day off"?
To go swimming in the morning, watch a bit of football in the afternoon and then catch up with friends in the evening.
2. Favourite ever box set?
Has to be Friends or That 70's Show.
3. What song most reminds you of when you were at secondary school?
My Chemical Romance Black Parade. I think everyone secretly liked it...maybe not!
4. What is the best excuse you have heard from a student for not doing their homework ?
They didn't realise it was meant for them.
5. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
I really want to travel across America, bit of route 66, driving a Mustang.
6. If you could choose anyone, living or dead, which 3 people would you invite over for dinner, and why?
My Grandad would be the first as he worked at Bletchley park and I would love to hear more about it but he sadly died when I was four or five. David Beckham would have to be there, he is the epitome of cool. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, again seems a cool character.
7. Favourite season and why?
Summer, shorts and t shirt weather all day long.
8. What were you like at school?
This one is hard. I remember it slightly different to some of the teachers that taught me and having come back to UCC to teach I do get the occasional reminder of what I was like. I like to think I wasn't too bad, I did the work but you would certainly know I was in in the classroom.
9. What's your favourite food?
Roast dinner with carrot and swede mash!
10. You’re marooned on a deserted island; which 3 items would you wish to have with you, and why?
Phone for music and take pictures, snorkle and goggles and books. Would probably have time to actually sit down and read.
Great answers Mr Gealy. #TeamUCC