UCC Safeguarding Procedures
Please take the time to read about our Safeguarding policies and procedures...
UCC is committed to safeguarding all students and our practice follows strict statutory guidance. Safeguarding is paramount and as a school we have clear policies and procedures. I would like to take this opportunity to remind parents/carers about signing out procedures for students so that this procedure is being followed by everyone:
During the School Day:
- Students will only be able to leave site with an adult. There is NO circumstance in which the college is able to allow students to leave the site on their own.
- Parents are expected to collect students they are signing out, from school reception. Students will not be able to leave the school site to meet parents in the car-park or anywhere else.
- Parents are expected to provide a photographic form of ID when collecting students from reception.
- If parents are unable to provide photographic ID, they will be asked a series of safeguarding questions.
- If you are arranging for your child to be collected by someone other than a parent, this needs to be organised in advance. Requests can be made via telephone or email to your child's Progress Leader or PDC.
- If there is no evidence of a request made, your child will not be able to leave the site.
- Anyone collecting students on behalf of parents will be expected to provide photographic ID.